Homecoming 2019 | Freeze Out the Saints!
Are you ready for Homecoming 2019?! This year, Homecoming will be on Friday, October 18th. Our theme this year is “Freeze Out the Saints!” The Hooper Academy Colts will be playing against the Patrician Saints. Kickoff will be at 7 p.m. Friday night at the Davis Henry Football Field. We are asking that everyone wear white that night to “Freeze Out the Saints!”
Friday's Pep Rally has been postponed until next Friday, October 25th at 2:15 p.m.
School will dismiss Friday, October 18th at Noon. There will be no afterschool care for students in grades 7-12. All students must be picked up by 12:15 pm.
Homecoming t-shirts may be purchased Tuesday, October 8th and Wednesday, October 9th. The prices are: Youth Small-Xlarge $18, Adult Small-Xlarge $20, Adult XXL and XXXL $23.
Congratulations to the members of the 2019 Hooper Academy Homecoming Court:
- 7th Grade - Raylee Midkiff and Ashbee Norman
- 8th Grade - Caroline Adair and Braylee Bates
- 9th Grade - Hanna Reed and Ivy Sharpe
- 10th Grade - Joanna Pichardo and Millie Seithalil
- 11th Grade - Ella Grace Bowman and Erin Norman
- 12th Grade - Raegan Burks, Sidney Davis and Samantha Helms
On Friday, October 18th (Homecoming day), the homecoming court will need to meet on the football field to practice for the halftime court presentation and the homecoming dance lead-out. The time will be announced.
Each attendant will need to meet at 6:00 PM in the auditorium on Homecoming night to take pictures. The court will be presented during halftime and the Homecoming queen will be announced. The new queen will then be crowned by last year’s queen, Miss Amy Whittington.
Reminder, the school dress code is still in effect. Please enjoy the week, but dress appropriately.
- Monday: No School!
- Tuesday: Twin Day (Make the Saints see double!) Grab your friends and make the Saints see double.
- Wednesday: “TikTok”/Character Day (Let’s go incognito Colts!) Dress like your favorite TikTok or other online personality. If internet stars aren’t your style, dress like your favorite character.
- Thursday: Opposite Day (Confuse the Saints!) Dress the opposite of how you would normally dress. Be creative and dress any way you want (if it still fits in the school dress code guidelines 😊).
- Friday: Homecoming T-Shirt Day (Let’s paint the town white with our brand-new Homecoming t-shirts!)
Door Decorating and Poster Contest
This year’s theme is “Freeze Out the Saints!” Each homeroom class in grades 7-12 will have a door design that reflects their interpretation of our theme. The elementary grades will make posters to display on the fence at the game!
The doors and posters will be judged on Thursday during the day and the winners will be announced Friday during the pep rally. The categories are:
- Most School Spirit
- Most Original
- Best Interpretation of the Theme
(Prizes will be given to the homerooms in Elementary, Jr. High, and High School in these 4 categories.)
Junior/ Senior Powder Puff Football Game
The Powder Puff football game scheduled for Friday, October 18th has been postponed. The rescheduled date will be announced later.
The cost for admission is $5 for individuals and $8 for couples. You must stay within the auditorium during the dance; anyone who leaves the auditorium will not be allowed to re-enter and must leave campus immediately.
Attire for the dance is:
- Dresses: Skirt length can be no shorter than four inches above the knee. Modest spaghetti-strapped or strapless gowns are acceptable, but cleavage is inappropriate. (If you are unsure about your dress, bring it Mrs. Duffey, Ms. Kilpatrick or Dr. Norman for approval before wearing it to the dance.)
- Button-up shirt, dress pants, coat and tie
*Anyone who is dressed inappropriately will not be admitted to the dance.
The teachers and administration of Hooper Academy want dance attendees to have a fun time but will not tolerate inappropriate dancing or behavior. If you or your date dances or acts in an improper manner, you will be removed from the dance and disciplinary action will be taken. Also, remember that anyone who leaves the auditorium during the dance will not be allowed to re-enter for any reason and must leave campus. Rules in the student handbook will be enforced. The homecoming court lead-out will be at 10:30. Parents may come into the auditorium at 10:15 to watch lead-out, but may not come into the auditorium before then. The dance will end promptly at midnight. All students must be picked up no later than 12:15 am.
Let’s all get to work to make this Homecoming the best ever!