Arrival/Dismissal Procedures 2020-2021
- Elementary students will enter the building through the middle breezeway doors.
- Students may not enter the building until 7:35 a.m.
- Students may not be dropped off and left unattended. If you need to drop your child off prior to 7:35 a.m. please contact the ELC for information regarding our before school program. There is an additional fee for this program.
- Parents who wish to walk their child to the breezeway must park in the parking lot rather than curbside.
- All students will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Please check your child’s temperature each morning. If he/she has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, do not send him/her to school until he/she is fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- Students in grades 2nd – 12th and staff must have a mask when they arrive at school. They must wear a mask in any situation that does not allow for six feet of distance from another person.
- Parents will receive a sign with their child’s name on it to display in their car window at pick up time. Students will not be dismissed to your vehicle until your vehicle is curbside to where their class is lined up.
- K5 and 1st grade parents may park in the parking lot and pick up their child from the teacher’s outside classroom door.
- Elementary students will not be dismissed to walk alone to the Upper School building to meet an older sibling. If your child needs to be picked up by an older sibling, please notify the teacher in writing, and the older sibling may pick up from the elementary building.
- Occasionally, parents have other obligations come up or there are traffic issues that prevent them from arriving at school by 3:15 p.m. Students who are not picked up within 15 minutes of dismissal will be taken to after school care. Please note, that there is an additional fee for this service. If you are interested in utilizing the after school program, you may do so as a “drop in” on the days that you need that service, or you may sign up to utilize it on a month-to-month basis. We are requesting that each elementary parent complete the ELC's registration forms to keep on file.